Thursday, November 25, 2010

TOFURKEY DAY - PART ONE


Oh shizzle, you have to prep this stuff? I always wondered why it took everyone all day to cook.

I've talked a big talk to the family about the vegan thing. Questions I've gotten on this trip home:
"oh no, you can't eat bread?"
"wait, you can't eat salad?"
"you can eat milk right?"

Okay, so obviously this concept is hard to grasp. My mom was really cute and loaded up her grocery cart with anything that said "vegan." So far I have yet to break open something called "vegan fruit dip." I don't know about you, but I really don't want to dip my fruit in anything.

Stuffing in the oven ... mom just ran over to my computer live streaming the parade to watch Santa. True story - she closed her eyes and quietly said "I believe, I believe." Yep. That happened.

Off to see if any of these dishes can actually be finished ... btw, I can't really chop onions. Both sisters tried to hide their shock at the fact that I just kind of hack at the chopping board. Try it ... way more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment