Friday, November 5, 2010

"I FEEL THIRTY..."

"Oh so thirty. I feel thirty, and witty and gay ... " Westside Story lyrics keeps swirling around in my head today. Too much karaoke last night. Speaking of karaoke last night ... guess who serenaded me into this new age?


I turned 30 yesterday. Contrary to my amended "I feel pretty" lyrics, I do not feel thirty.

What I thought I would be at 30:
- a wife
- a mom (who cooks, cleans and folds laundry well)
- a career gal (I've always thought I could have it all)

What I am at 30:
- a very happy girlfriend
- a woman who lives vicariously through her friends with kids but is also glad she doesn't have her own just yet.
- a career gal!

One out of three - not so shabby.

With the help of this bliggity blog to hold me to it, here are my goals for November 4th, 2011 (aka 31) :
- have a beautifully decorated apartment
- manage to keep it clean and organized 92% of the time. I get 8% of my days to throw clothes on the floor.
- Cook dinner at home four out of seven nights a week. Exception to this rule - holidays. Then I get to party it up and eat free party appetizers Monday through Sunday.
- cook a vegetarian Thanksgiving for my family so they stop eating the bad stuff.

What else should I add?

Also, a note on 30: pretty psyched I'm not in my 20s anymore. Sorry suckers ... I'm out of the messy years!

1 comment:

  1. wait a goddamn second.

    you mean to tell me that Mr. Belding sang to you at Karaoke?

    Do you know that this DIRECTLY coincides with ME singing (sort of) to Mario Lopez?

    Dude - we have single (er, double) handedly serenaded OR been serenaded TO 2/7 of the cast of SBTB.

    brilliant.

    ReplyDelete