Thursday, November 11, 2010

DIRTY DISHES

There's no photo accompanying this post because it's disgusting.

In my sink there is about three meals worth of dishes. The only thing making me feel okay about this is the fact that we don't eat meat so there's nothing rotting in the there. But still ... yuck. I actually usually like doing dishes ... but something in me last night wanted to stage a silent protest against my stupid no-dishwasher apartment.

So instead, to take my mind off of the fact that I was being horribly lazy I did the following:
- watched the last episode of Glee. Chris Colfer as Kurt is my current favorite thing. I don't love the show the way that I whole heartedly loved Dawson's ... but I do love Kurt. He makes me feel like high school and happiness.
- cuddled in my new $100 blanket. Yes, I bought an 100 dollar blanket. You know, because I'm trying to be all house wifey and make my home cozy ... so it's allowed. BF tried to cover his anger but he was quietly seething about my purchase ... until he got lost under the soft wonderfulness of the fake fur. And until Jazz claimed it as her new favorite place to bury. Apparently anything dog loves is an okay purchase. Cute comes with a price.

Okay, that's really all I did. Now I'm depressed at my lack of ability to get shit done. I have an apartment to pack, dishes to wash and a thousand things to write ... and all I can do is cuddle and hope that this new kid is going to kiss Kurt.

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad about the dishes. As a former bachelor I can assure you that were you a man three meals worth of dirty dishes in the sink would be totally normal. Is the sink full? Can you still use the sink? Yes? Are you out of clean dishes? No? Then there's no problem. See how that works?

    A $100 blanket?! Good God Almighty, what's it made of? Fake fur? Does it, by any chance, have a cow pattern on it and come from a catalog filled with expensive blankets and other items, like hand-stitched leather slippers for example, all costing a fortune? I think we have that blanket.

    I have missed every episode of Glee for the past month or more. I didn't do it on purpose, of course. It just happened somehow. And now I have no clue what is going on, but I hear Gwyneth Paltrow is on and I can't believe I'm missing it because I like her.

    ReplyDelete