Wednesday, November 17, 2010

TO CLEAN OR NOT TO CLEAN

Not to clean ... always my answer. Or, usually my answer. Either way, I'm not very proactive about cleaning. You know when I do clean? When a cleaning person is coming over. (can you still say cleaning lady? maid?)

My obsession with deals has already been blogged about ... but remember that deal I made with myself? (drinking game - how many times can I use the word deal?) I can buy them if they are related to me becoming a domestic type gal. This one is a toss up for me because it's kind of a cop out ...


Cop out devil on my shoulder says: that's not fair. You're flunking the cleaning test because someone else is cleaning for you. You should be learning to find the joy in cleaning.

Cop out angel says: You're still finding the joy of cooking, so go ahead and splurge. Plus, it's proactive to schedule help when you can't do it all. I feel like that's something that my mom would say, and I consider he advice to be sound.

Deal breaker: BF and I decided that if we don't indulge in cleaning help, we'll never make it. It's the only thing we fight about. Once a week. On repeat. So there it is ... TO CLEAN! (with help)

2 comments:

  1. Look, girl, even if you DO cultivate the domestic goddess in you to bloom into a beautiful pink lotus (or rose, or whatever), it's OK to not be great at everything! And cleaning toilets is one thing I will never be allright with. It's no cop out to get someone else to do your literally dirty work - that's why maids exist, right?? I say it's a great investment! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, nice blog you have here!I want to take this opportunity to say that I really love your post.... Now Foods

    ReplyDelete